Essentially, a shirt dress could be seen as simply a dress that borrows most of its style from a man’s shirt. They have a collar, a button front, or possibly cuffed sleeves. Shirt dresses for women are one of the most versatile dress pieces out there and can instantly give you a chic and sophisticated look, but only when you find the right fit for you. If you have a loose one at your behest, you can easily style it up with accessories such as belts, corsets, or even chains. If you are looking for such fashion statements, you are at the right place; Findwyse will help you find style inspirations for how to dress your shirt dresses for women and even curate a list of our top recommendations and how you can find them.
1. How to style shirt dresses for women?
1. Gen Z is quite known for its fearless approach to fashion and has crafted a whole new identity by combining sustainability, gender inclusivity, and effortless style. Another fashion trend that is doing the rounds of the fashion street is the Y2K resurgence. As the Y2K fashion trend has returned with all its shimmering glory, the iconic shirt dress has taken centre stage in a ‘dazzling’ rebirth.
2. You already know the traditional way to wear a shirt dress, simply put it on, and if it has an attached belt, fasten it, throw in some jewellery and you are good to go. For something extra though, try this- put on a white shirt dress and unbutton its waist below. Next, put on a pair of pants, preferably baggy or wide and a good contrasting pair of sandals or heels and you are ready with an edgy look. Throw in a bag that matches the colour scheme of your entire outfit and hit the streets! In contrast, you can also unbutton the upper half of your shirt dresses for women, above the torso and put in a contrasting bralette for a dapper look.
3. You can also go for the Y2K aesthetic by bringing out the bling with choker necklaces, sparkly belts, and tinted sunglasses. Don’t forget a tiny shoulder bag that looks too small to be practical for that perfect Y2K vibe. Bella Hadid much? You can also choose a neutral-toned shirt dress and cinch your waist with a strappy butterfly bling top for a hint of Y2K nostalgia. Pair it with gender-neutral combat boots and a bucket hat to infuse a Gen Z twist.
4. You can also add different types of corset belts to your shirt dresses for women a modern and edgy look. Consider a floral Renaissance corset over a white shirt dress for a snatched waist in loose shirt dresses for women. You can also go for a leather harness belt for a bold and edgy look. However, if you are not big corsets or harnesses, you can easily look for an obi belt for a minimalistic yet stylish look.
2. Top Picks for Shirt Dresses for Women
1. Geometric Button Through Midi Shirt Dress
This statement geometric print midi shirt dress is an exemplary choice for a day out when you have to dress chic. The flowing skirt made of viscose looks stunning because of its luxurious sheen. The soft collared neck; line and the single button cuffs at the end of its long sleeves give it a very soft feminine look. The dress even has slip pockets that allow for handy storage.
2. Collared Tie Waist Midi Shirt Dress
Who could go wrong with a plain black midi shirt dress? This Finery London shirt dress for women allows you to achieve an effortless day look with its collared neckline and the included textile belt fastening. The cuffed sleeves and the midi-length hem give it a very sophisticated look.
3. Geometric Tie Waist Midi Shirt Dress
Another statement piece from our pick of shirt dresses for women, this midi dress has a very uber-cool geometric print on both its bodice and skirt. The collared neck and the long-sleeved combined with the self-tie belt that gives more definition to your curves all come together to put together a cohesive outfit that looks smart and chic at the same time.
4. Cotton Rich Floral Midi Shirt Dress
This cotton floral midi dress has a unique and beautiful floral imprint on the bodice. It looks hand-printed giving the dress a very designer couture vibe. The regular fit of the dress snatches right at the waist with the built-in belt tie. It also comes with slip pockets that you can use to store small essentials.
5. Belted Button Through Midi Shirt Dress
This midi shirt dress has beautiful gold-tone hardware in the form of button closures that lend it further accent and detailing. The soft fabric looks quite draper and sits perfectly on your frame with its midi-length hem. The belt gives shape to your silhouette, while the patchy silhouette gives you quite a utility feel.
6. Striped Belted Midi Shirt Dress
This striped midi shirt dress gives you a bold look with its modern and contemporary look that comprises multi-coloured vertical stripes. The included black belt tie fastening allows you to give more definition to your silhouette at the waist. You can also consider adding a corset belt of your choosing that goes well with the shirt dresses for women.
The world of fashion has always been an ever-changing spectacle, an art form where you’re the canvas and the artist. Shirt dresses for women have an inherent timeless appeal that allows you to bridge the gap between ever-changing fashion trends to create a style that says more about you. You can easily add accessories like belts, shoes or jewellery pieces for a phenomenal look. Take a look at these style inspirations by Findwyse and get ready to slay all day every day with the supreme shirt dresses for women for women collection on Marks & Spencer.